Urged by the Lord's compassionate love, challenged by the need of the time and as sharers in the mystery of Christ's Death and Resurrection, We, the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross in India commit ourselves to proclaim THE GOOD NEWS and strive for the creation of a new society of wholesome individuals, families and communities where:
- The basic needs of everyone are met,
- Love, Faith, Justice , Equity, Self-reliance, Sharing and Co-operation are promoted.
- People specially the women, dalits, tribals and other underprivileged persons and groups are organized, enabled and empowered.
- Children are cared for and do not have to work for a livelihood.
- Communal harmony and respect for human life and dignity are fostered.
- Nature is protected and preserved.
- Christians are strengthened in their faith.
We earnestly desire to bring about an attitudinal change in ourselves, personally and collectively to adopt a participatory and integrated approach at all levels of our involvement. Living in a pluralistic society we want to further networking and collaboration with like-minded persons, groups and governments.